DMARC -> CERT?

rwebb at ropeguru.com rwebb at ropeguru.com
Mon Apr 14 21:39:44 UTC 2014

Plus I guarantee that something this SIGNIFICANT would catch the attention of many tech news outlets, social sites, and many email lists if they had given due notice and allowed people time to digest the change. But, I guess since everything except their email has become pretty much irrelevant these days, they had to do something to get attention and try to be the big bully again.

I personally run only a couple of small email lists in which the subscribers are specifically added by me when someone wants on, and this has caused us, because the submitter has a long  time Yahoo email address and will not change, a huge headache. The sender has had to resort to sending email from Yahoo account multiple time in order to get the emails out to the 180+ subscribers. Some people cannot change their email due to having it for so long it is just not practical. Only other work around I have for this user is to give them a private email list on the email server where he can send from that is not a Yahoo address. This causes extra work because every email he wants to forward on, he must now first send it to the new private address, then login to the private email address web mail, then forward.

I have to agree with this others out there that Yahoo SHOULD, not COULD, have handled this a lot better. All the other big ISP's out there should be whipping Yahoo's a$$ about right now. But as usual, not a peep!

Robert