Yahoo DMARC breakage

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Apr 14 21:37:48 UTC 2014

On 4/10/14 4:29 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> An aside:
>
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 05:15:59PM -0400, William Herrin wrote:
>> Maybe this is a good thing - we can stop getting all the "sorry I'm
>> out of the office" emails when posting to a list.
>
> I entirely support that goal, but my preferred solution is the complete
> eradication of the software (a lot of which makes mistakes that have
> been well-known as mistakes for decades) and thus the entire practice
> of setting up "out of office" messages.

As long as we're talking about complete eradication of software, please
include inane disclaimers sent to lists (as well as private email).

This type of thing....

NOTICE:  This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you
have received this communication in error you are obligated to kill
yourself and anyone else who may have read it, not necessarily in that
order.  So there.  My disclaimer is scarier than yours.  Nyaah.  You
started this silly nonsense.  Knock it off and I will too, ok?  It's
worthless from a legal standpoint and is responsible for the needless
suffering of billions of innocent electrons.  Nobody reads it anyway.
You're not actually reading this, are you?  I didn't think so.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net