DMARC -> CERT?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Apr 14 20:44:44 UTC 2014

On 04/14/2014 01:38 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:
>> The obvious ones would have been to announce a flag day somewhere far enough
>> in advance to give list software devs time to adapt, and to work with list
>> software devs on a solution.
>
> where would they communicate this?

Well mailop for one.

> on the blog that matt pointed at?

I suppose ... there used to be a "Yahoo! mail blog" but I think it got
shut down.

BTW, another obvious benefit to announcing a flag day would have been to
give more people time to set up DMARC. I haven't yet (on my personal
mail server) because there hadn't been sufficient uptake to warrant it.
Yahoo! telling everyone that they will be implementing it would have
given people incentive.

Doug