DMARC -> CERT?

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Mon Apr 14 17:33:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Laszlo Hanyecz <laszlo at heliacal.net>wrote:

> By their statement it's obvious that yahoo doesn't care about what they
> broke.  It's unfortunate that email has become so centralized that one
> entity can cause so much 'trouble'.  Maybe it's a good opportunity to
> encourage the affected mailing list subscribers to use their own domains
> for email, and host it themselves if possible.
>
> -Laszlo

So, I take it you prefer a world in which there's no sender
validation, and receiving floods of spoofed sender email
spam is just part of the price of being on the internet?

I'm finding myself vaguely annoyed that for so long
people have complained that big mail providers need
to clean up their act; and now, when one of them
decides to respond to the complaints and start
taking action to try to clean things up, the response
seems to be "wait, we were happy just bitching
and moaning--we didn't want you to actually
*change* anything!"

Matt