DMARC -> CERT?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:30:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Laszlo Hanyecz <laszlo at heliacal.net> wrote:
> By their statement it's obvious that yahoo doesn't care about what they broke.  It's
> unfortunate that email has become so centralized that one entity can cause so
> much 'trouble'.  Maybe it's a good opportunity to encourage the affected mailing list
> subscribers to use their own domains for email, and host it themselves if possible.

I sort of wonder if this is really just yahoo trying to use a stick to
motivate people to do the right thing? It seems like everyone's been
trying for a while to 'make email better'... and that perhaps DMARC
will make it somewhat better, and if setup properly this is a
non-issue... after much faffing: "Welp, how about we whack the
mail-lists (and others) with a stick and get movement int he right
direction?"

not sure this is all bad... and i think the fix is pretty
straightforward for list folk, right? so all the faffing on this list
and others took longer to do than the fix-action?

-chris