[[Infowarrior] - NSA Said to Have Used Heartbleed Bug for Years]

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Fri Apr 11 20:10:44 UTC 2014

* bill at herrin.us (William Herrin) [Fri 11 Apr 2014, 22:04 CEST]:
>I call B.S. Do you have any idea how many thousands of impacted NSA
>servers run by contractors hung out on the Internet with sensitive NSA
>data? If you told me they used it against the targets of the day while
>putting out the word to patch I could buy it, but intentionally
>leaving a certain bodily extension hanging in the breeze in the hopes
>of gaining more valuable data than they lose would have been an
>unusually gutsy move.

Have you been paying attention at all.

Please go read up on some recent and less recent history before making
judgments on what would be unusually gutsy for that group of people.

I'm not saying this has been happening but you will have to come up
with a better defense than "it seems unlikely to me personally".

	-- Niels.