[[Infowarrior] - NSA Said to Have Used Heartbleed Bug for Years]

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Apr 11 20:03:36 UTC 2014

>> The U.S. National Security Agency knew for at least two years about a flaw
>> in the way that many websites send sensitive information, now dubbed the
>> Heartbleed bug, and regularly used it to gather critical intelligence,
>> two people familiar with the matter said.
>>
>> The NSA's decision to keep the bug secret in pursuit of national security
>> interests threatens to renew the rancorous debate over the role of the
>> government's top computer experts.

I call B.S. Do you have any idea how many thousands of impacted NSA
servers run by contractors hung out on the Internet with sensitive NSA
data? If you told me they used it against the targets of the day while
putting out the word to patch I could buy it, but intentionally
leaving a certain bodily extension hanging in the breeze in the hopes
of gaining more valuable data than they lose would have been an
unusually gutsy move.

These two unnamed sources are liars. Bet on it.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004