Yahoo DMARC breakage

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Apr 10 00:12:23 UTC 2014

On 4/9/2014 7:02 PM, Jeff Kell wrote:
> On 4/9/2014 7:22 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:

>>>      and just how is an algorithm supposed to detect that
>>>      <jeff-kell at utc.edu> is a single human and not a list?
>>
>> It is really too bad that there is not place to put a "precedence"
>> that the software could key on--with values like "bulk" or "junk" or
>> "list".
>
> Headers of your message include:

[snip]

I knew that.

> Proper mail clients can provide "list links" based on the List- headers,
> but few if any actually do.
>
> So take your pick, but my point remains, it still retains:
>
>> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 18:22:51 -0500
>> From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net>
>> To: <nanog at nanog.org>
>> Subject: Re: Yahoo DMARC breakage
>
> And I'm nowhere mentioned.  I only appear in the "envelope RCPT TO:<>
> RFC821 header", nowhere in the RFC822 header.
>
> It's not rocket science if you have headers available (which even
> Outlook can see, although you have to jump through a few hoops to see them).

My point is, and was only that the ID10t's robot-responder needs only
two rules (one of which is sortakinda off topic in a muchmorphed OT
threadlet) are:  If the Precedence is "list", "junk", or "bulk" DO
NOTHING, else, if the address to which the proposed babblegram is to be
sent has received a babblegram from us since the controlling file was
created DO NOTHING, else, BABBLEON.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: