Yahoo DMARC breakage

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Apr 9 22:05:54 UTC 2014

On 4/9/2014 3:05 PM, John Levine wrote:
> In article <5345831B.4030705 at dcrocker.net> you write:
>> Their implementation is not 'broken'.
>
> I'd say it's pretty badly broken if Yahoo intends for their web mail
> to continue to be a general purpose mail system for consumers.  If
> they want to make it something else, that's certainly their right, but
> it would have been nice if they'd given us some advance warning so we
> could take the yahoo.com addresses off our lists.

If I point a gun at you, and pull the trigger, but maybe shouldn't have
done that, the gun is not broken.

Management decisions that are subject to criticism does not represent
erroneous performance by the folks tasked with doing the task mandated.

Everything they are doing is "legal".

Your (possibly entirely valid) assessment that their action is
ill-advised or unpleasant does not equal broken.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking