Yahoo DMARC breakage

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 9 21:15:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 4:05 PM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
> I'd say it's pretty badly broken if Yahoo intends for their web mail
> to continue to be a general purpose mail system for consumers.  If
> they want to make it something else, that's certainly their right, but
> it would have been nice if they'd given us some advance warning so we
> could take the yahoo.com addresses off our lists.

Meh. This just means list software will have to rewrite the From
header to "From: John Levine <nanog at nanog.org>" and rely on the
Reply-To header for anybody who wants to send a message back to the
originator.

Maybe this is a good thing - we can stop getting all the "sorry I'm
out of the office" emails when posting to a list.

-Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004