Yahoo DMARC breakage

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Wed Apr 9 16:52:42 UTC 2014

On 04/09/14 07:13, Royce Williams wrote:
> Am I interpreting this correctly -- that Yahoo's implementation of
> DMARC is broken, such that anyone using a Yahoo address to participate
> in a mailing list is dead in the water?
>
> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/08/yahoo_breaks_every_mailing_list_in_the_world_says_email_guru/
>
> My mailman bounce action notifications are going through the roof.
>
> Royce

Ugly.  Confirmed across a variety of Mailman lists I administer.
Harvested addresses from the bounce logs, scripted up a notification to
small batches of addresses and moderated all @yahoo! addresses on the lists.

Can you say Collateral! Damage! Yahoo!

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com