Fwd: Serious bug in ubiquitous OpenSSL library: "Heartbleed"

Richard Hesse richard.hesse at weebly.com
Tue Apr 8 16:08:50 UTC 2014

The updated CentOS openssl binaries haven't patched the underlying bug, but
they have disabled the heartbeat functionality. By doing so, they've
disabled the attack vector. Once upstream releases a fix, they will
re-enable the heartbeat function with the working patch.

And yes, don't forget to restart any linked services after updating.

-richard