Recommendation on NTP appliances/devices

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Apr 4 13:24:57 UTC 2014

> So what, that sends IP packets, are you using to *measure* it. I can

Agilent if we need unidir. Normal run-of-the-mill 10GE SP router will give you
low single digit microsecond jitter when not congested. (You can run 99.99% no
problem, as long as you don't try >100% (i.e. >1 interface sending)).

We only do bidir for constant measurements of network, unidir is unfortunately
only for troubleshooting case-by-case.
It would be very nice to always have unidir view to the network, but
cost/benefit is not there if you have lot of pops.

--
  ++ytti