Cisco warranty

Laurent CARON lcaron at unix-scripts.info
Thu Apr 3 16:44:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I bought a C3750G-12S which is now end of sale on cisco website. This
device is now defective.

Since I bought it from a reseller and not directly from cisco, cisco is
refusing to take it under warranty and tells me to have the reseller
take care of it.

The reseller doesnt wan't to hear about this device since it is end of sale.

According to cisco website, end of sale means the device is still
covered for 5 years.

My question is: Is it normal for my supplier to refuse to take it under
warranty ?

Is there (from your experience) a chance I might get cisco to deal with it ?

Thanks

Laurent