BGPMON Alert Questions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 3 14:12:38 UTC 2014

On Thursday, April 03, 2014 02:52:16 PM Anthony Williams
wrote:

>  Was a specific Upstream at fault or several upstream
> providers? It appears they have 9 upstream links --
> http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=4761

There probably won't be only one provider at fault. It could
be all an ISP's providers are at fault, or it could be that
two providers along a single AS_PATH are simultaneously at
fault.

It's a big weakness of our Internet, but we still need to
figure out the best way to fix it, until, at least, RPKI is
more widely adopted.

At this stage, it appears education, and implementation of
that education, is our only recourse. But how do we do this
at scale?

Mark.