BGPMON Alert Questions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 3 14:12:29 UTC 2014

On Thursday, April 03, 2014 02:57:31 PM Nick Hilliard wrote:

> I'm currently seeing ~100 prefixes originating from 4761,
> and an additional 725 transited through 4761.  This
> would not be difficult to handle with prefix lists,
> assuming some level of automation.

Indeed.

I, for example, have an upstream that filters only on
AS_PATH. Naturally, we are quite aggressive and insistent
about filtering both on AS_PATH and prefix list across
interconnects to our downstreams, but if things were to blow
up on our side, the upstream in question would not be
protected (unless, of course, they are relying on "max-
prefix" as well).

Mark.