BGPMON Alert Questions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 3 12:41:39 UTC 2014

On Thursday, April 03, 2014 02:17:07 PM Nick Hilliard wrote:

> Easy enough to do by e.g. redistributing your ebgp into
> your IGP and then back again, or by a variety of other
> means.  It happened between 05:00 and 06:00 local time,
> so it's reasonable to assume that it was maintenance
> gone wrong.  Horribly wrong.

I wonder who we should be going after here? Indosat or their
upstream? Probably both, since if this happened with an ISP
deeper in the Internet core, chances are they don't have
what our concept of an "upstream" is.

"max-prefix" could have come in handy here. But this is an
old song (let alone prefix filtering or RPKI).

Mark.