BGPMON Alert Questions

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 3 12:04:44 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, April 02, 2014 08:59:58 PM Justin M. Streiner
wrote:

> It's pretty clear that both parties have dropped the ball
> in a big way, in terms of sane BGP filtering practices.

It's amazing, isn't it?

I have a customer of one my upstreams (Upstream A), at the
moment, who are leaking my routes to another one of their
upstreams (Upstream B). The problem is that Upstream B is
re-announcing my leaked routes from their customer to the
rest of the Internet.

So both Upstream B's customer as well as Upstream B are at
fault. That Upstream B is simply "accepting everything"
their customer is sending to them without applying proper
filters, or checking to confirm that what their customer
needs to send them should come from them is absolutely and
unacceptably shocking!

A lot of people seem to have forgotten 2008.

Mark.