Prefix hijack by AS4761 (was Re: BGPMON Alert Questions)

Bob Snyder rsnyder at toontown.erial.nj.us
Wed Apr 2 20:11:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:

> yeah you're seeing the impact of a pretty broad prefix injection
>
> indosat's upstream filters seem to be working for the most part.

Based on the image they tweeted, I don't think they are doing much
filtering; the Syrian prefix was spread to a number of countries and AS. If
you have good US connectivity the impact seems limited due to better AS
Paths winning, but for less well connected prefixes I'm assuming it's more
up in the air.

Bob