BGPMON Alert Questions

Lee Johnston lee at wildcard.net.uk
Wed Apr 2 19:27:54 UTC 2014

Snap, announcing a few of our /21s and a /23. Seems they did something similar a few year ago: http://www.bgpmon.net/hijack-by-as4761-indosat-a-quick-report/

I can't make any contact with Indosat (website non responsive / email queuing). This is what I have back from Aware Corp. AS18356 (first AS in the path):

I can confirm that we are seeing your prefixes as advertised by AS4761, via one of our upstreams CAT AS4651 (THAI-GATEWAY The Communications Authority of Thailand(CAT),TH)
We (Aware Corporation - AS18356) operate a BGPMon PeerMon node which is probably why you are seeing this alert from our AS.
It is likely that your highjacked prefixes are being advertised to all of CAT's customers.
I suggest contacting  AS4761 (INDOSAT-INP-AP INDOSAT Internet Network Provider,ID) directly for resolution as there is little we can do as a stub AS.

Regards,
Lee.