Suggestion on Fiber tester

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Sep 26 10:53:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Blake Pfankuch - Mailing List wrote:

> To follow up, all of this fiber is mm and all light is sx to sfp.
> Currently all 1gbit, but it will be repulled as 10gbit capable soon... I
> guess I'm going to have to be a little less cheap and shoot for
> something under $1000.  I had an off list suggestion of the below
> listed fluke.  Any other suggestions or reccomendations?

Fluke makes good stuff.

What flavor of multimode fiber are you dealing with?  The answer
and the distance you can run becomes substantially more important at 10G.

Hopefully you're at least dealing with OM3.  OM1/OM2 imposes distance
limitations and you'll likely need mode-conditioning jumpers to work at
10G.

jms