BGP Attribute 128

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Sep 26 21:28:51 UTC 2013

On (2013-09-25 11:35 -0400), Jared Mauch wrote:

Hi,

> I'm not really in favor of the features vendors have provided, such as this to just drop the attribute or routes.

I would encourage customers to require in their transit agreements that bgp
updates are not mangled by provider. It would help internally if you have
customer backing.
I think it's overraction to kill useful features because sometime on some
platform there has been NLRI parsing bug which caused issues.

Once those filters are deployed there will be strong resistance to remove
them.

--
  ++ytti