Sudan disconnected from the Internet

Collin Anderson collin at averysmallbird.com
Thu Sep 26 00:58:41 UTC 2013

My recollection is that Renesys classified Sudan as a country vulnerable to
disconnection due to low diversification of international transit; the old
authoritarian preference on monopolizing the gateways has its advantages. I
have been monitoring responsive hosts using ZMap every 15 minutes or so
since afternoon. However, it seems probable from the incremental disconnect
that this was a legal compliance situation (a fax to the ISP), rather than
flipping a switch or cutting a wire? cda.io/r/sudan_1380162900_ICMP.png

--
*Collin David Anderson*
averysmallbird.com | @cda | Washington, D.C.