minimum IPv6 announcement size

Nathanael C. Cariaga nccariaga at stluke.com.ph
Tue Sep 24 13:49:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could shed light on my concern.....

I've been Google-ing about if there is such a standard that sets the
minimum IPv6 advertisement on BGP.  My concern is that I am running a
network that is operating on multiple sites and currently rolling out
our IPv6 on the perimeter level.  Having to get our /48 allocation from
our RIR, I figured out I would it would be best for us to break down the
/48 into smaller chunks (i.e /56s) and farm it out to our sites since a
single /48 will be very big for our single site.

Any advise will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

--
-nathan