iOS 7 update traffic

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Sep 24 08:07:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> Fixing 4 (which is an easy engineering issue) and 5 (which is an
> operations policy issue that, by and large, most people in that
> situation understand), *would have had a direct positive effect on
> Apple's paying customers*.

Fixing 4 is something apple should do. 5 is a marketing decision for them.
People are used to queuing *for things*. If the apple updates break your
network instead of just the apple updates, then that is your fault as an
ISP.

For me, nothing more than the apple updates were broken during those
hours, that I could tell anyway. "The Internet" wasn't broken.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se