IP Fragmentation - Not reliable over the Internet?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Fri Sep 20 12:54:51 UTC 2013

I know I'm digging up an old thread here but I've spent some time
analyzing some of the significant changes that Apple has made to the
Facetime protocol, apparently with a huge focus on IP packet size to
avoid fragmentation issues:

http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/apples-new-facetime-sip-perspective.html

I'm betting they've had HUGE issues with IP+UDP MTU issues over the
last three years...

--
Kristian Kielhofner