iOS 7 update traffic

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Thu Sep 19 21:00:26 UTC 2013

I'm willing and open to hear anyone who has successfully had that conversation with their users.

When network congestion occurs, we typically see a mass exodus from whatever website was being used to Speedtest.. You know.. Just to make sure the internets are fast. I'm trying to highlight a point that not all of us have studly 1gbps connections to Akamai. Some of us have to move data into orbit and back.. Some of us are not like the rest of you. These types of situations should not happen in general.. We live in the future. This is like sending a bulk fax to every user on a switch, and when the other users get busy signals I somehow need to realign my view of reality.

A single Internet point or software update should not cause all of this discussion. You guys are collectively posting hundreds of gbps for basically a single software update, and comparing it to point releases from vendors.

Why do I feel like many of you are spoiled with all of this cheap and fast bandwidth? Do you guys not remember your 9600bps modem?

Many of you would have suffered heart failure if I sent you a 100mb file only 10 years ago. Keep that in mind.. Not everyone has their Internet coming off the end of an sfp.

Sent from my Mobile Device.