iOS 7 update traffic

John Souvestre johns at sstar.com
Thu Sep 19 20:36:43 UTC 2013

Hi Jared.

 > The attitude in this email I have encountered elsewhere.  Apple pays
 > for bandwidth, customers pay for access. Not sure why their release
 > strategy is so highly critiqued.

Because it impacts other, non-Apple customers.  Or, it costs the ISP more
(passed through to all customers) to add capacity to handle an infrequent peak
load.

Question/suggestion:  Could Apple perhaps shift their release to a Saturday
morning?  I would think that this would go a long way to diluting the peak.

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899