iOS 7 update traffic

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Sep 19 19:22:35 UTC 2013

(merging 2 replies)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:11:21 -0000, Warren Bailey said:
> Patch Tuesday is not 1gb per patch.

It is those months a service pack comes out.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:22:50 -0000, Warren Bailey said:
> These people (Apple) represent themselves as smart guys, but their actions reflect otherwise.

No - their actions *are* those of smart guys.  They knew damned well that
they didn't need to add capacity, because the chances that they'll lose
an iOS customer to Android over slow update speeds is infinitesimal. In other
words, they successfully made the bandwidth consumption an externality.

(What, like you don't look at *your* network and wonder "How can I stick
somebody else with the cost of XYZ?".  :)