iOS 7 update traffic

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Sep 19 19:07:45 UTC 2013

The attitude in this email I have encountered elsewhere.  Apple pays for bandwidth, customers pay for access. Not sure why their release strategy is so highly critiqued. Microsoft and others have their own strategies for incremental downloads, caching, etc.. Apple has theirs.

Seems like most consumers want the update and are actively fetching it vs having older software live forever and not be updated. Overall I see this as a win.

Jared Mauch