iOS 7 update traffic

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Thu Sep 19 18:11:11 UTC 2013

I don't see how operators could tolerate this, honestly. I can't think of a single provider who does not oversubscribe their access platform... Which leads me to this question :

Why does apple feel it is okay to send every mobile device an update on a single day?

Never mind the fact that we are we ones on the last mile responsible for getting it to their customers, 1gb per sub is pretty serious.. Why are they not caching at their head ends, dslams, etc?

Sent from my Mobile Device.