iOS 7 update traffic

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Sep 19 14:13:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> Can someone please explain to a non-Apple person what the hell happened
> that started generating so much traffic? Perhaps I missed it in this
> thread, but I would be curious to know what iOS 7 implemented that
> caused this...

I think this was just the traffic to download iOS 7 to everyones' relevant
Apple devices.  I don't know how large the update was (maybe a few hundred
MB per device?), but I guess everyone got the notification or their
devices started automatically downloading around the same time.  The vast
majority of the traffic here (large .edu) happened between about 1 and 5
PM yesterday.

jms