common method to count traffic volume on IX

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Thu Sep 19 11:32:44 UTC 2013

* randy at psg.com (Randy Bush) [Thu 19 Sep 2013, 03:16 CEST]:
>> you gotta love the amsix hkg charlie foxtrot.
>and how is that working out financially for the amsix members,
>the folk in the amsterdam area the amsix purportedly serves,
>niels?

All relevant paperwork including business plans was made available
to the full membership and you can download it at my.ams-ix.net.

I know you're a busy man so the tl;dr is that by encouraging local
peering more networks will start to peer, and by partnering with one
or more local carriers those new networks as well as established
players in those markets can connect to the home exchange point too,
increasing value for all connected parties.

Also, what Neil J. McRae said in his email in this thread.

Regards,

	-- Niels.