The block message is 521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Sep 19 02:46:04 UTC 2013

In message <523A6203.8090504 at trelane.net>, Andrew D Kirch writes:
> On 9/18/2013 9:02 PM, John Levine wrote:
> >> This is pathetic.  ARIN is supposed to be working as a steward of this
> >> IP space.  When you have policies that make it more difficult to use the
> >> IP space this isn't even remotely close to stewardship. It's pathetic,
> > Unfortunately, a surprising number of "new" IP space owners turn out
> > to be the sleazy old IP space owners under a differnt fake name.
> >
> > R's,
> > John
> or put another way, spammers lie.
>
> Andrew

Which is irrelevent to removing a address block on the basis of a
RIR recording that the block has been reallocated.  A reallocation
already goes through a quarantine period though that may get shorter
as time goes on.

A transfer on the other hand doesn't.

There may be some use in recording whether a address block is
transfered or allocated.  Note I'm not sure if the allocation
date gets updated on a transfer or not.

There may be some use in recording when a address block is
quarantined.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC