The block message is 521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Wed Sep 18 23:30:40 UTC 2013

On 9/18/2013 7:15 PM, Tammy Firefly wrote:

>>> ARIN hasnt contacted us for this since i've been involved with the ahbl
>>> for ~5 years.
>>> just a FYI.
>> Well, it'd seem we found the problem then.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
> Ive know ARIN is a problem for a lotta years andrew :P  When we
> contacted them and asked them to do it again we got told its against
> policies blablablabla.

(replying to list with Tammy's permission)
This is pathetic.  ARIN is supposed to be working as a steward of this
IP space.  When you have policies that make it more difficult to use the
IP space this isn't even remotely close to stewardship. It's pathetic,
with the policy making a quick turn around of releasing old IP space
when you get an allocation, that ARIN is leaving innocent third parties
who have paid ARIN large sums of money for this space.
ARIN, frankly you can suck it.  It's time to grow up and behave how you
were intended to.

Andrew