DNS Reliability

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Sep 13 14:00:16 UTC 2013

On 9/13/2013 2:14 AM, Marco Davids (Prive) wrote:
> On 09/13/13 03:53, Larry Sheldon wrote:
>> On 9/12/2013 3:25 PM, Phil Fagan wrote:
>>> Its a good point about the anycast; 99.999% should be expected.
>> A small choice of attitude-reflecting language.
>>
>> I expect 100.000%
>>
>> I'll accept 99.999% or better.
>>

> It depends... define 'lost queries'. For example; is RRL included here
> or not (sometimes you want to deliberatly 'loose' queries).

I do not ever set any amount of failure as an objective.  I usually have
a specified tolerance for failure.  If for some odd circumstance I wan
to discard queries, that would involve knowing exactly what happened to
them--not loosing them.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: