The US government has betrayed the Internet. We need to take it back

Larry Stites ncnet at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 6 21:30:39 UTC 2013

MAN UP!

________________________________
 From: Sam Moats <sam at circlenet.us>
To: nanog at nanog.org
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: The US government has betrayed the Internet. We need to take it back

This is part of the purpose behind the separation of powers between executive, legislative and judicial.
William Pitt wrote "Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it" . As such constraints
are needed and in place.

We expect politician to cheat,lie,be stupid and self serving. Because we like people who tell us what we
want to hear and most of us vote for people that we like. The do not have to be wise, or even competent.

Personally I think most of the fault currently lies with the Judicial side. These laws were enacted as a
knee jerk reaction to an event. I can understand the passions of people at that time because I shared them,
however the courts are supposed to be a bulwark against this very kind of rash action.
These men and women are supposed to be well educated in the fundamental concepts that constructed our republic
and appointed to terms that prevent them from worrying about the political whims of the time.

Sam