Yahoo is now recycling handles

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Sep 4 03:57:16 UTC 2013

To their (partial) credit they are also supporting a new email header :
Require-Recipient-Valid-Since:

via draft-ietf-appsawg-rrvs-header-field

The idea of this header is that it will allow a sender to control that a
user will only receive an email if that email address was valid before a
specific date, thus at least stopping someone from using a recycled account
to carry out a password reset on another service.

Facebook at least is already sending this header on all emails.

Overall this is nothing new - Hotmail has been doing the same thing for
years.

  Scott