TCP Performance

Bryan Tong contact at nullivex.com
Tue Sep 3 09:24:09 UTC 2013

I mean programatically speaking your network equipment generally knows no
difference between and HTTP packet and an IPerf packet. (Layer 3 packet
forwarding only breaks the first 84 bits off the header, Layer 2 gets 52
bits (with a vlan tag))  So, unless QoS of some kind gets brought into the
picture the protocol shouldnt make a difference, however, if something is
examining the packets further than that it could also be causing your
throughput issues. Also, keep in mind some switches ship with QoS enabled
for VoIP etc.

Might be something to check into further.