Reverse DNS RFCs and Recommendations

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Thu Oct 31 23:17:22 UTC 2013

163.com (as well as 126.com which you don't have listed) is a bit of a
special case.

It's a Chinese site that offers free email address as well as a very
popular portal site - think of it as the Chinese equivalent to Yahoo or
Hotmail.

Whilst it's certainly true that a lot of spam originates from there, simply
classifying it as a spam site isn't (necessarily) correct, in the same way
that classifying yahoo or hotmail as spam isn't correct. The company behind
163.com is actually listed on the NASDAQ...

You did mention heuristics, so I'm guessing you're not actually just
outright blacklisting it, just wanted to point out that all number-only
domains aren't necessarily spam-only.

  Scott