If you're on LinkedIn, and you use a smart phone...

Andre Tomt andre-nanog at tomt.net
Sat Oct 26 22:20:20 UTC 2013

On 26. okt. 2013 08:06, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> Perhaps a prudent countermeasure would be to redirect all  POP,  IMAP,  and
> Webmail access to your corporate mail server from all of  LinkedIn's  IP
> space to a  "Honeypot"   that will simply  log   usernames/credentials
> attempted.
>
> The list of valid credentials,  can then be used to  dispatch a warning to
> the offender,  and force a password change.
>
> This could be a useful proactive countermeasure against the  UIT
>   (Unintentional Insider Threat);  of employees  inappropriately   entering
>    corporate  e-mail credentials  into a known  third party service  with
>   outside of organizational control.
>
> Seeing as  Linkedin  almost certainly is not providing signed NDAs and
>   privacy SLAs;   it seems reasonable that  most organizations who
> understand what is going on,  would not approve  of use of the service with
> their internal business email accounts.

Depends on linkedin beeing nice, but could this be an idea? In addition
to the proposed network level controls of course. At least users could
get a informative response rather than just some dumb error / "it doesnt
work" if you block Intro.

http://feedback.intro.linkedin.com/forums/227301-linkedin-intro-feedback/suggestions/4801236-some-way-to-block-intro-per-domain

Votes maybe?

I considered proposing making it opt-in on the domain level, but that
wont fly for them I'm sure.