BGP failure analysis and recommendations

Sam Roche sroche at lakelandnetworks.com
Thu Oct 24 12:10:23 UTC 2013

We had a similar issue happen and modified our BGP peering to use one BGP session per provider, as we had multiple neighbours for one of our peers.

It seems to have resolved this particular issue for us.

I would love to hear how others are actively probing their peers networks using an NMS to verify connectivity.

Sam Roche - Supervisor of Network Operations - Lakeland Networks
sroche at lakelandnetworks.com| Office:  705-640-0086  | Cell: 705-706-2606| www.lakelandnetworks.com

IT SOLUTIONS for BUSINESS
Fiber Optics, Wireless, DSL Network Provider; I.T. Support; Telephony Hardware and Cabling; SIP Trunks, VoIP; Server Hosting; Disaster Recovery Systems

"The information contained in this message is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) named above and may not be otherwise distributed, copied or disclosed.  The message may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and/or confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately advising of the error and delete the message without making a copy."