80 Gbps ?

jamie rishaw j at arpa.com
Tue Oct 22 06:18:55 UTC 2013

  I'm looking at a site named the "digital attack map" (dot com).

  There's one attack that lists an attack at some near 80 Gbps inbound.
( Clip Cap at http://screencast.com/t/M59qmJhcWSW )

  Some questions.  Maybe I've just been lucky... but,

A)  /Seriously/ ?  80 Gbps ?

B) Other than dropping routes / changing DNS and "filtering at the borders"
are there controls that operators employ that help mitigate multi-Gbps
attacks?

I understand if - by the nature of talking about it, 'we' give attackers
insight, so I'm willing to entertain private discussions; However, this
seems to be a semi appropriate place as a catalyst.

I'd be interested in a discussion, a ML, or resources that any people can
provide, via this list or off list.

-jamie
--
jamie rishaw // .com.arpa at j <- reverse it. ish.

*"Reality defeats prejudice."* - *Rep. Barney Frank*