Pad 1310nm cross-connects?

Eric Litvin eric at lumaoptics.net
Sun Oct 20 04:33:08 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

I'm with an optics vendor, Luma optics. All our optics are field programmable to work in any intended network environment. Regarding your question, its  unnecessary to pad a 10km LR, even with such a short reach ( 20m) .  If it were an ER or ZR, it would be a different story.
Good luck with you project.

Regards,

Eric Litvin
LumaOptics.net