Re: 15 Years ago todayŠ.

Sholes, Joshua Joshua_Sholes at cable.comcast.com
Wed Oct 16 13:24:52 UTC 2013

I'm kinda in the same boat as Warren -- I'm 34, and I remember that one of
the first things that I read on the NANOG list (having signed up towards
the end of my first summer internship) was the news of Jon's death.

I'm also with Laurence -- the fact that a lot of younger people said "who"
is an opportunity for instruction, not a reason to abandon memorials.

More importantly, speaking of younger folks on the list, this is a good
reminder to ask yourself:  "What can I do to be the kind of inspirational
figure that Jon was?"  Sure, it's a high bar, but those are worth jumping
for.

--
Josh Sholes