comcast ipv6 PTR

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Oct 15 19:01:38 UTC 2013

On 10/15/13 9:48 AM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> writes:
>
> Typical static entries being added over time are:
>   - DNS glue
>   - access lists, both in your network and in other networks
>   - interface config on devices where you don't want SLAAC or DHCPv6
>   - server application configuration (you do want your mail server to use
>     a specific source address and not just choose one, right?)
>   + everything I forgot
>
> No, renumbering is not going to be seemless.  Yes, a smarter person
> could automate everything I list above, but we all know that's not going
> to happen.

I've always been something of a skeptic how seams "seamless" will actually have :)
But there has been a tremendous amount of effort in the v6 world to make renumbering
a first class citizen. In the mean time, if we do nothing else be keep track of where all
of those pesky ip address bearing files are, we can at least keep throwing them over the
wall to the ietf as to what they expect us to do with them.

Mike