comcast ipv6 PTR

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Tue Oct 15 14:51:12 UTC 2013

Sent from my iPhone so be gentle about formatting errors.

On Oct 15, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Blair Trosper <blair.trosper at gmail.com> said:
>> That gets to the core of the original question.  I figured there must be a
>> reason for the conscious omission.  However, I've noticed also that Comcast
>> hasn't bothered to give PTR to their routers, either.
>
> I have a Comcast residential circuit with IPv6, and I see reverse DNS
> for router hops past the first device.
> --

CenturyLink offers 6rd to both residential customers and business, but no way to set RDNS on the individual /64 or /48s assigned to each static ipv4 address the customer has.  Rather huge omission, IMHO.

I got bit by this bad when !$@& google started outright rejecting email from ipv6 addresses with no RDNS.

Yay exim for allowing me to tag broken remote smtp servers to only use ipv4.

Brielle