Policy-based routing is evil? Discuss.

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 17:58:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Octavio Alvarez <alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org
> wrote:

> This depends on how flexible the PBR implementation on your router is.
> If your router can have conditionals like this:
>
> * match: source address A && link P available --> send it to link P
> * match: source address A --> unconditionally send it to fallback link F

It doesn't necessarily have to be that complex OR brittle.

I would suggest the use of  recursive  next-hop  with PBR  to the loopback
/32  of a peer router   that is not associated with a directly connected
network.

If  that /32  route happens to be down,   then the  recursive  lookup of
the next-hop   results in a lookup of the default route.

--
-JH