nanog.org website - restored

Andrew Koch ak47 at gawul.net
Mon Oct 7 23:24:52 UTC 2013

We believe the server is now at a stable point and all functions of the
NANOG website and mailing list are restored.

For those interested, we would like to share some details of this event.
It was noticed a couple weeks ago that a lack of memory conditon was
present on the NANOG servers in Chicago.  Temporary measures were taken
to clear processes and restart the server, but this only temporarialy
restored the server.

Working with onsite personel to upgrade the server with additional
memory failed during the first announced maintenance.  Compatible memory
was located and tested leading to the second maintenance when it was
successfully installed.

At this time we have increased the memory on the server and are at a
stable point.

NANOG is making plans to move the NANOG web and mail services off this
platform to an environment that is more capable.  We will inform the
community of any maintenance plans as we move forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Andrew Koch
on behalf of the NANOG Communications Committee