What routers do folks use these days?

Fredy Kuenzler kuenzler at init7.net
Fri Nov 29 08:19:33 UTC 2013

Am 29.11.2013 06:37, schrieb Jawaid Desktop:
> We're a service provider, and we have a network full of Cat6509's.
> We are finding that we are outgrowing them from the standpoint of
> their ability to handle lots of large routing tables. Obviously
> their switching capability is still superb but one of them with 20
> peers is starting to groan a bit and RAM is going to be an issue
> soon.
>
> What do people use these days? Our backbone needs in the next 2-3
> years are going to be sub-100Gbps.

Check the Brocade MLXe series. We (Init7 / AS13030) are using them and
the previous XMR series for years and are happy with it. CLI is
Cisco-look-and-feel, the software tree has a clear structure (unlike
Cisco with hundreds of versions) and the TAC is willing to ssh into your
gear to assist.

--
Fredy Kuenzler

Init7 (Switzerland) Ltd.